Breastfeeding twins in tandem
- The Piglet Nursing Pillow is perfect for breastfeeding twins. It has been designed to enable the best breastfeeding position possible; for both mother and babies.
- The height of the cushion will ensure your babies achieve the perfect latch position.
- The back support enables you to be supported lean back without disturbing your Piglets feed.
- With unique rear supports the U shape cushion will keep your babies horizontal. Without these your piglets will slide backwards!
How do you breastfeed twins?
Feeding newborn twins is not easy, but it is possible with our cushion, some patience and by not putting pressure on yourself. Remember that fed is best.
- Gather all items required. Water, nipple cream, IPad, biscuits...
- Place your Piglets on opposite sides of the sofa / bed (not too near the edge!).
- Place the back support in position.
- Sit down & get comfortable, leaning against the back support. Bottom right up against the base so you are sitting up straight.
- Place the U shaped cushion closely around you. If you are lucky enough to have a small tummy, turn the back support side ways so that you are leaning on the skinny edge, this will close the gap.
- Now you are set. Pick up and load on your first Piglet into the rugby ball position. This is where the babies feet point towards the sofa back (please see image). Get baby one latched on and drinking. The Piglet Pillow is very stable and so said Piglet won't wobble off easliy.
- Next, pick up Piglet two and get him settled and latched. If Piglet one becomes unlatched during the process, then continue with Piglet 2 and get him settled. Once Piglet 2 is latched then go back and re latch your first Piglet.
- You are now all in place, cuddled, comfortable and tandem breastfeeding.